Employers are legally required to ensure their first aiders are competent and maintain their skills throughout the three years in which their certificates are valid.
This refresher course provides first aiders with an opportunity to practise and update their skills as a qualified first aider, at any time while their first aid certificate is valid.
- Introduction to First Aid
- Primary Survey
- Incident/Casualty management
- CPR, Recovery Position and Shock
- Management of Minor and Major Bleeding/Wounds
- Management of Choking and Asthma
- Fractures, Dislocations and Soft Tissue Injuries
- Poisons, Eye injuries, Head injuries and Shock
- Cardiac Conditions (Heart attack, Angina)
- Medical Conditions (Epilepsy, Diabetes)
- Accident Books, First aid box
Cost: £40pp for members (£45pp non members).
Venue: Wessex Community Action, Unit 6, Paxton Business Centre, Whittle Road, Churchfields, Salisbury SP2 7YR