This very practical course will enable you to use an AED (Automated External Debifrillator) competently and with confidence.
Not only does this course deal with the use of an AED but it also includes vital training in resuscitation and choking procedures.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
- The Chain of Survival Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Basic anatomy & physiology of the heart Common heart problems
- Overview of an AED
- Care of AED equipment
- Use of AED
Cost: £40pp for members (£45pp non members).
Venue: Wessex Community Action, Unit 6, Paxton Business Centre, Whittle Road, Churchfields, Salisbury SP2 7YR