Information & Advice
WCA have been providing expert support to voluntary the sector organisations since 1972!
We can provide a range of information for your organisation, from starting a new community group through to growing, expanding and building the capacity and skills of your staff and volunteers . This is provided through 1-2-1 support; links to other organisations and information sheets and templates so that you don’t have to re-invent the wheel.
Members also have special access to a HR hub provided by a local business JM Associates at a competitive rate. The HR Hub is a dedicated resource for tools, templates, guides, and checklists. In short, you’ll discover almost everything you need to make inroads into your HR issue or increase your people development skills.
For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some links to help you to run, or set up a community group or small non-profit organisation.
- They are designed to give you a place to start, things to think about, and some useful resources.
- We can also offer a free ‘health check’ for your organisation and advise on the best way forward. Try the Big Lottery VCSE strength checker HERE for yourself.
- The Code of Good Governance Health Check is also another useful tool. This governance health check is a self-assessment tool which has also been devised by the Developing Governance Group as a practical resource to assist committees/boards to work towards adhering to the principles of the Code. It should help committees/boards of any size to demonstrate their good governance practices to their stakeholders, beneficiaries and funders alike. Click Here.
- The health and safety Executive have produced information for groups too on managing risk: http://www.hse.gov.uk/voluntary/index.htm
You can access the latest news, research policy affecting the sector, from across the sector, through our regular e-newsletters and social media sites.
We offer a bespoke, in depth service where we utilise our retained consultants who will work closely with your organisation to help and support you. There is a charge for this service, depending on the nature of the support.
Voluntary Sector Forums
We are the voice of the sector for Wiltshire and are here to represent the voluntary and community sector to public bodies and businesses. Wessex Community Action will be hosting and facilitating Voluntary Sector Forums.
Voluntary Sector Forums aim to promote the Voluntary and Community Sector within Wiltshire by:
- Promoting partnership working and networking in the sector and with other agencies
- To share and promote best practice
- To consider and respond, where appropriate, to consultations, new research and evidence, and reports
- Promoting volunteering as a worthwhile and rewarding activity
The Forums aims will be to support all members through an annual programme providing information, updates and on-going professional development.
- Enabling voluntary and community groups to come together to exchange information, share ideas and address issues of mutual interest and importance
- Facilitate dialogue between organisations and to develop links with prospective partners
- Giving the sector a bigger voice and more effective representation at a strategic level
- Influencing local strategies that will bring community benefit
- Making best use of sector skills, resources, information and expertise by working co-operatively
Membership of the forum is open to representatives of voluntary and community organisations in Wiltshire and individuals from interested parties. If you are interested in joining a forum please make contact with us.
The Forum meetings format is a mix of Presentations, Consultations, Networking and Partnerships Working together for a stronger community voice.