Wessex Community Action are seeking new Board Members
Do you have a few hours to spare? Are you interested in your local community and in the work that charities do in south Wiltshire? Do you feel that your expertise could be shared for a good cause? Why not use your passion and commitment to support the Voluntary and Community Sector in Salisbury and the surrounding area by becoming a Board Member at Wessex Community Action? Be involved in shaping several fantastic projects, helping young people, the elderly and those with disabilities.
Wessex Community Action was originally founded in 1973 and has a great reputation locally for supporting Salisbury’s community groups and charities. Board Members are Trustees of Wessex Community Action and Directors of the Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee. They set the strategy for Wessex Community Action and oversee the operational management of the organisation by the Advisor to the Board. Board Members have a significant role to play in ensuring that Wessex Community Action delivers services as set out below:
MISSION & CORE OBJECTIVES
Wessex Community Action’s mission is to improve the well-being of people living in the Wessex area, by providing help, advice, training and support to community and voluntary organisations.
- To provide a range of support services that include training, information, advice and practical help
- To support, deliver and develop projects
- To identify need in local communities and work collaboratively to address those needs
- To encourage liaison between groups, organisations and agencies
- To support and enable active representation in the strategic planning of services
- To participate in and support the voluntary and community sector in strategic partnerships
Board Members are volunteers with out of pocket expenses being covered.
If you are interested in joining, please email Debrah Biggs at firstname.lastname@example.org